These Are the Films Photographers Love

Posted by on Wednesday July 19, 2017 | Fun

Several months ago, Vincent Moschetti developed (if you will) the “film dating app” to discover the films photographers love the most. Drawing on a base of 38,582 replies, Moschetti is now able to make some conclusions about the films we swoon for.

We’ll let Moschetti make the reveal himself in the video below, but he did tease out some interesting facts about the preferences of film users:

  • Most photographers seem to gravitate toward ISO 400 and lower
  • Fujifilm is fading in popularity, while Kodak is quite popular
  • The top 10 films he lists represent 82 percent of the total results with 38 film stocks sharing the remaining 18 percent (the film dating app lists 48 film stocks in total).

So which films hit the top 10? See for yourself!


COMMENTS

MORE POSTS

Alison Langley’s Classic Yacht Video for a Client of Means

Posted by on Monday July 9, 2018 | Business, Fun

Nautical photographer Alison Langley, who is the subject of this month’s “What’s Your Niche?” column in PDN, specializes in photographing classic wooden yachts: under sail, under construction and in repair in boatyards along the Maine coast. “It’s architecture with curves. It’s visually incredible,” Langley says of the boats she photographs. Among her clients are some... More

Litter of Sled Dog Puppies Named after Photographers May Be the Cutest Thing on the Internet

Posted by on Friday June 29, 2018 | Fun

In a move that promises to redeem Twitter as a communication platform (at least briefly), dogsledder and author Blair Braverman revealed today in a thread that she’s named her new litter of husky puppies after photographers. Weegee, Katie O [Orlinsky], [Manuel Álvarez] Bravo, [Jamel] Shabazz, [Diane] Arbus and [Lori] Grinker, will soon be competing in... More