Update: Exhibition Won’t Benefit Injured Photographers After All

An upcoming exhibition of photography from the uprisings in Tunisia, Cairo and Libya will not double as a fundraiser after all, organizers told PDN today.

We reported yesterday that Revolucion(es), a showcase of images shot in the last three months by independent photographers working in the Middle East had been turned into a fundraiser for photographers Guy Martin and Michael Christopher Brown. Both were seriously injured in Libya last week. But it seems neither photographer needs the fundraising assistance after all.

“The families told us their costs have been covered,” says Matt Craig, who organized the exhibition with fellow Wall Street Journal photo editor, Julien Jourdes.

The exhibition will still open as originally planned at the Instituto Cervantes in New York at 7 p.m. on Thursday.

One Response to “Update: Exhibition Won’t Benefit Injured Photographers After All”

  1. Update: Exhibition Won’t Benefit Injured Photographers After All | Global Community of Photography Says:

    [...] TweetCONTINUE READING TO SOURCE Update: Exhibition Won’t Benefit Injured Photographers After All [...]