Case Against Arrested G20 Photographer Dismissed
Photographer Brett Gundlock, one of several journalists arrested in June during the G20 protests in Toronto, had all charges against him dropped during a brief court appearance on Monday in Toronto.
Gundlock, a photographer Canada’s National Post newspaper, says his appearance before a judge took less than a minute, and all that was said was that the charges against him had been dropped.
The charges against another National Post photographer, Colin O’Connor, who was arrested during the protests, were also dropped, according to Gundlock.
“Out of all of the media they arrested and detained, they were obviously trying to influence the coverage of their actions,” Gundlock asserted in an email to PDN. “Media is there as observers, not participants. There were too many stories from the [G20] summit where media was targeted before the protesters.”